- Getting acquainted with the Roland Modela and its operation
- Changing bits on the Roland Modela
- Sending the fab acad.png file from the desktop to the Roland Modela
- Setting the X, Y and Z co – ordinates on the Roland Modela
- Milling circuit boards on the Roland Modela
- Tracing borders on milled circuit boards and cutting them out
Identifying and naming the various components to be placed onto the circuit
which included: resistors, capacitor, micro – controller, resonator, USB connector,
diodes, ISP pins.
De - soldering was also covered
First attempt to cut out traced borders on a circuit board using the modela
ended up messing a previously well milled board, due to having made the setting
wrongly, the border was cut slightly into the board.
Soldering required patience, focus, time and practice to master.
The entire assignment was time consuming, eventually by the next class session
one board had been programmed and I did not comprehend that particular
aspect which am yet to receive full elaboration on it in an upcoming class. Failure to program forced me to re - solder a new circuit board.